Sunday 1 June 2014

Charity Block : Oops Nearly Forgot

On the first Monday of each month I go to the Hilton Sewing group. 
We has decided this year to all do a block and put them together for a Charity Quilt.
We ere given a choice of fat eighths. I chose these two and added a white on white fabric. 


                          I used the same block I had used for my Secret Tote Bag Swap.


I sneaked off into my sewing room this afternoon and finished my bag for the swap. So I'll be off to the Post Office in the morning to send it to it's new owner.

At last we've had a glorious sunny day so out came the camera and here are a few of the blooms I've got in the garden at the moment


Rose


Hostas


Antirrhinums


Foxglove and Geums

Have a good week whatever you are up to.

Melanie xxx



5 comments:

  1. Someone is going to be very happy with that delightful bag Melanie, and I love the cow on your new block, she's a sweetie! Your garden is looking very pretty, especially that yellow rose - I'm glad to hear you're having sunshine, we officially began Winter yesterday and it was sunny with a cool breeze but rather pleasant after rain off and on during the week! Take care and enjoy your stitching, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melanie,
    That charity block is fun, the recipient of the bag will be very happy with that. It looks lovely. Thanks for sharing what is in bloom in your part of the world.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I really like the bag you made, what gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely makes Melanie :-) Someone is going to cherish that bag
    Tracey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Melanie, your lovely bag arrived at its new home across the seas. Oh it is just perfect, and thank you for the extra treats included, the gloves and buttons/trims.
    Warm quilty hugs from Sharon in Australia

    ReplyDelete