Monday 25 January 2016

Sunshine through the Rain

I needed a bit of cheering up as the weather is so dull and depressing at the minute, so I picked a couple of bunches of daffodils and they did the trick. They sat in my kitchen making me smile an think of sunshine every time I've looked at them.
I found my Valentine quilt top out after a good rummage through my WIP's.
I hadn't got as far as I thought!
The borders are now on so I just need to quilt it and it'll be done.
I've also been doing some stitching for the Send a Little Love Swap hosted by Tracy. I love this swap I've been taking part in it for a few years now and it never fails to start my Swap year off with a bang.
 I'll post pictures of that when Glenda has received it.
Send a Little Love Swap 2016
I can't actually believe that it's nearly the end of January! Where did it go? The months seam to wizz by alot quicker the older I get.
I'm of to do a bit more stitching. Have a lovely week.

Melanie xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love the quilt top such fabulous fabric, looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quilt. Love daffs too, longing for sunshine..high winds here today and rain of course!!! That lovely mug you sent cheers me up and seems to promise Spring won't be long ..keep safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are happy looking flowers aren't they, love the quilt top x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your Valentine quilt looks so pretty. Hard to believe it will be here is a few weeks, isn't it? Your daffodils look cheery.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love bunches of daffs too, they really are so very cheery aren't they. xx

    ReplyDelete